You do not need to be flexible or have any prior yoga experience to join the class!
Anyone can practice yoga regardless of age or ability. There are always ways to modify postures and as long as you have discussed any health
problems in advance with your tutor (and doctor where advised) your practice can be modified to suit you and your body.
Practising yoga is a wonderful opportunity to tune in to your body. It is an entirely non-competitive activity in which you explore new ways of
stretching and moving your body and tuning in to your breath.
Preparing for your Yoga class
- Wear loose comfortable clothing and bring something warm (e.g. socks and jumpers and a blanket!) for relaxation.
- Bring a bottle of water in case you get thirsty!
- It is best to practice yoga in bare feet.
- Leave a gap of at least an hour after eating, more (two hours) if eating a heavy meal Bring your own mat if you have one!
- Mobile phones must be switched off during class